Monday, September 25, 2006

Greetings ya'll! Thanks for checking out my portraits. If you're from Kalama, or my past, please say hi! I've been very lazy, it was my goal to draw as many Kalama citizens as I could as elves, faeries etc, but I only did one :( I think I will probably stick to drawing them as themselves, unless, of coarse, someone wants otherwise???? I've barely tried painting at all, mostly I love them colored pencils! I'd like to paint some murals soon though, anyone have any advice on paint? I'm planning to try something with Cement Overcoat, I've tried it on one portrait, a quick one of Tom Seleck, and it worked pretty good. I should post it. You really have to work quick to blend with that though...
I did Bumblepug, to the left, in 2004.


















Below is a portrait of a good friend done in colored pencil started in 2005, but only recently finished. At least, I think its finished... Below that, is my most recent, and I think, one of my best, of another friend. Obviously, I need to get much better at photographing the portraits I've done. There is always so much to learn!




























Below is "Chrystal Faerie and the Fungi" was one of my favorites because I got to turn a friend into a faerie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

aw, c'mon, give me a comment!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Amandabulous said...

Nice picture of the friend and the dog! It looks just like him...not the dog silly...the guy in the picture! No...the guy in the picture doesn't look like the dog! The guy looks just like the guy and the dog looks like the dog! As a mutual friend I like the way you caught his personality in the image. Kinda happy and social and how can anyone who likes dogs be all that bad. Kudos on yet another great work of art, from the local coffee-a-holic.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home